What is Challenger?
Challenger is a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) fabric. What makes it unique is that it has the soft feel of a PU, but retains the durability of a PVC fabric.
Challenger is a vinyl that can be used across all markets without compromising on features. Challenger is a fabric that meets the needs of all customers.
For instance, marine customers often look for a vinyl that can remain durable even with repeated exposure to saltwater and inclement weather, while contract customers focus more on stain resistance and high abrasion.
Challenger can not only withstand the uses that marine and industrial, healthcare, contract, and hospitality customers need, but its pleasurable feel and soft texture mean that it’s perfect for use in residential applications as well.
What are the main features of Challenger?
Challenger has four key advantages that make it stand out from other PVC fabric:
- Soft New Hand technology. Even though Challenger is a PVC, it has the soft feel of a PU. This means that it not only feels luxurious, it can also stand up to heavy use
- Finished with Endurepel™ Armour. The second advantage with Challenger is that it is finished with ™ , which gives it the protection it needs to stand up to spills, dirt, and other contaminants while being easy to clean. In fact, most spills can be cleaned using water and a soft cloth. If you need more cleaning power, a mild detergent and a soft bristle brush should do the job.
- Available in colors enriched with technology. A lot of that are exposed to direct sunlight will heat up, which makes dark colors difficult to use for outdoor seating applications as they become too hot to sit on. Challenger is available in 5 colors that are enriched with technology, which means that these colors will remain 10% cooler when exposed to direct sunlight compared to other in similar colors. The colors available are: Royal, Naval Blue, Midnight Blue, Chinchilla, Raven.
- Great product value. A big advantage that Challenger has is that it doesn’t break the bank–it remains affordable, even though it has a ton of great features and benefits.
- Environmentally friendly. Among all its other benefits, Challenger is also eco-friendly. Challenger is Prop 65 compliant, FR additive free, REACH compliant, phthalate free, formaldehyde free, heavy metal, and lead free.
With these features, Challenger has an extensive breadth of applications that traditional PVCs don’t necessarily have.
What colors does Challenger come in?
Challenger is available in 40 different color to cover all markets, including four distressed, two-tone colors, and four metallic-pearl colors.
How do I clean Challenger?
Challenger’s ™ performance finish coating means that it has tough anti-stain, anti-bacterial, and anti-mildew properties, so mild soap and water will clean most stains. If you need to, you can use a soft bristle brush over stubborn areas. When you’re done, be sure to wipe remaining soap residue away with clean water and a soft cloth, and then dry the area with a separate cloth to help maintain the fabric’s longevity.
If you need to use something stronger than soap, Challenger has been tested with common healthcare and other industry standard cleaners with great results.